Sunday, October 13, 2013

My "Reasons to be Fit" #1..

   I'm not sure if it's possible, but one of my biggest goals is to do this without surgical intervention. I think I'll probably always be stuck with a bit of wrinkly skin - the product of multiple pregnancies and weight gain..but who's going to see me naked besides me and my husband? No one. I get why a lot of people get tummy tucks and whatnot...but, man..it scares me! Maybe I'm just stubborn. Maybe I can't stomach (ha ha!) the cost of that surgery. Sharee from Funeral For My Fat recently had hers done for 7 grand (plus a thigh lift for a total of $16,000). Whoah.

 Truthfully (and I'm not trying to make people get all angry with me), I don't think it's fair that Tricare covers gastric bypass and the skin removal surgery from that..but they DON'T cover skin removal for someone who's done the work. Busts her/his rump on the daily and makes the correct changes nutrition-wise. Perhaps I'm jealous haha. I've heard of wives going to their doctors with "sob stories" about how extra skin/small boobs affects marriages/their soldier's morale in order to get the surgery covered. But...I can't/won't lie. Wrinkly skin DOESN'T affect my marriage or my soldier's morale. That man adores me regardless. So I refuse to act like it does just to have it paid for. No.

 So, for now, I'll keep trudging along...doing what I need to be doing. As of today, I have 12.4 pounds til my initial goal of 80 pounds (150)..but I think I'll continue on after I get there. I'm considering going for a total of 100 pounds (130). But, of course, we'll see what each milestone looks like once we get there. And IF..huge if..I decide I do really want/need skin removal surgery, I'll do what I need to do. But for now, I'm sticking with trying to do this without it. 

 Though, ya know, losing some pregnancy stretchmarks IS appealing...

 

2 comments: